- posted by:
- 6:49 am
Contest: Design Artwork for Korn’s Love & Meth Single
You’ve already heard our new song “Love & Meth,” but now we want one of our own fans to come up with a design we can use as its single artwork. Take inspiration from the song. We’ll pick one winning design to become the single’s artwork, and the winner will get to meet us at one of our shows!
If point of impact of the early-1990s grunge explosion can be traced to Nirvana’s Nevermind, the full commercial arrival of rap-metal can be pinpointed to August 1998 — the month Korn’s aptly titled third album, Follow the Leader, debuted at Number One. The two-time Grammy Award winning band is now celebrating the recent launch of their latest album The Paradigm Shift which was recorded with producer Don Gilmore of Linkin Park.
In celebration of their album release, Korn are inviting aspiring designers to submit a artwork inspired by their new track Love & Meth for the chance of it becoming the official single cover artwork.
For one designer chosen by Korn:
- Their design featured as the official artwork for Love & Meth
- A custom Korn guitar (valued at $225) signed by the band
- Limited edition lithograph of their design, signed by the band
- Exposure for their design across Korn’s official social media channels
- A deluxe version of The Paradigm Shift album
- Two tickets to see Korn live in concert, with access to meet the band (travel and accommodation not included)
For one designer chosen by the public:
- Exposure for their submission across Korn’s social media channels
- An exclusive Korn merchandise package including a signed poster
- Two tickets to a Korn live in convert (travel and accommodation not included)
Launched: October 28, 2013
Submit by: December 4, 2013
Share & Support: December 5, 2013 – December 11, 2013
Selection: December 19, 2013
Each stage closes at 10am PST (6pm GMT)
Click ‘Participate’ to review the guidelines and submit your work.
How Korn Will Choose
Korn will select from all qualified submissions with special consideration for the top voted entries. A qualified submission is one which meets all the Terms & Conditions, Guidelines and Official Rules.
- Participants may only submit one file
- Participants must submit their artwork in JPG or PNG and no larger than 5MB
- Participants must retain their original artwork should they be selected as a winner or finalist
- Designs must be original (meaning not using third party pre-existing copyright materials) but can be pre-existing or created especially for this opportunity
- The winning submission may be modified to accommodate production requirements
- Participants must join Talenthouse using an active email address in order to ensure they can be contacted by Talenthouse should they be selected as the winner or finalist
- For all and any matters relating to copyright transfer, winners and finalists will be required to respond to a Declaration of Eligibility email which will be sent to them once they have been allocated in the winner selection
- Winners and finalists must respond to Talenthouse within 7-14 days of receiving the winner notification email or else will forfeit all prizing